Gestational diabetes at first trimester – babycenter

Hi, I’m 10 weeks pregnant and my doctor just informed me that I have gestational diabetes. Dessert recipes for diabetics type 1 Because I didn’t know that my sugar was high, I didn’t control my diet…I was eating whatever I wanted.

I learned from the internet that if I have gestational diabetes at first trimester, there is an increased risk of having a baby with birth defects.

I asked my diabetic counselor about the possibility of birth defects associates with gestational diabetes.


Dessert recipes for diabetics with high cholesterol She said she’s never heard that diabetes could cause birth defects, and I don’t have to worry.

OB nurse said if I control my sugar from now, I can have a healthy baby.

I didn?t control my sugar when the baby?s organs were being formed. Dessert recipes for diabetics australia Some people like me are saying on the internet that their doctors told them there is a risk of birth defects for that.

I really don?t have anything worry about like my counselor and nurse say? Can I have a healthy baby?

This is my 4 th baby and first time I was told I have gestational diabetes.

I was told by my peri that gd in the first trimester can make the babys heart work too hard and caus valves to work wrong and that cardiomyopathy was something they would look for. Desserts for diabetics type 2 uk I was diagnosed at 15 weeks and my little girl looks great on sonogram.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 coincedent with my pregnancy and it took me WEEKS to get into some kind of counseling. Dessert recipes suitable for diabetics I was scouring the internet to see what effects uncontrolled sugars could do to the fetus, and I saw a few troubling things (spina bifida, heart issues, and lung development were the most common). Desserts suitable for diabetics uk So I freaked out, of course, but had to spin it. Desserts for diabetics recipes without artificial sweetener There was a 20% chance of this or that, which means that there is an 80% chance that everything is fine. Sugar free recipes for diabetics desserts I just got into Sweet Success and they helped me set up an eating plan and gave me all the supplies I need. Dessert ideas for diabetics They also put me on insulin just at night for now. Dessert recipes for diabetics for christmas I was monitoring my sugars from the start of the pregnancy, but had no window for what was good or bad. Thanksgiving dessert ideas for diabetics Some of the literature I got from Sweet Success said that sugars above 160 can cause issues with oxygen getting to the baby.

Just remember, there is a high chance that everything is fine!

Thanks everyone! I’m glad to know that the chance to have a healthy baby is much higher than having a baby with birth defect. Good desserts for type 1 diabetes I read some books about gestational diabetes but all of them say that gestational diabetes don’t usually cause birth defects because it developes later in pregnancy. Dessert recipes for type 1 diabetics But I have gestational diabetes since the beginning of pregnancy… Indian dessert recipes for diabetics I wish I could find more info like my case but I guess it’s not common.

I developed my GD( I hate saying I have GD ) in the third trimester because I had a lot of carbs(rice is the main form).

After I failed my one hour GT, I went for the 3 hour and I passed-failed it

Since two of my levels were normal, am I still considered to have GD? Will I be injected every day…It’s very depressing for me…I am very frustrated and crying at my desk

I feel like yelling at someone…but I dont want to…It’s a very depressing day for me

aruna11- I know how you feel. Thanksgiving desserts for diabetics recipes It was only a little over 3 weeks ago that I was diagnosed with GD but you know what, it’s gotten much easier and it’s not so hard to accept. Apple desserts for diabetics recipes And you didnt get GD because you ate too many carbs. Easy desserts for diabetics recipes It happens because the placenta throws your body out of wack and it cant use insulin the way its supposed to be used. Fruit desserts for diabetics recipes It has nothing to do with any of your actions so please do not blame yourself.

I look at GD this way…it guarantees that I eat a healthy diet during my pregnancy and many people are able to get in a sweet here and there as long as they are counting the carbs and eating protein with it always helps. Easy recipes for diabetics desserts I don’t know if you will be or are on insulin but believe me when I tell you that it is NOT bad at all. Pumpkin recipes for diabetic desserts I almost cried when I was in the Drs office learning how to do it and you know what..I made it through and have done great for 2 1/2 weeks on it. Recipes for diabetics type 2 desserts It’s just become routine. Recipes for diabetic desserts splenda Please cheer up and just think that everything you do to keep it under control is going to help your LO. Strawberry dessert recipes for diabetics It’s what keeps me going whenever I want to break down and just indulge.

star109- I am sorry but I am not very up to date on what can happen if you are diagnosed so early. Sugar free dessert recipes diabetics I was diagnosed in my third trimest. Healthy desserts for gestational diabetes But I am glad that you have brought this up as I plan to have more children and they say that if you have it once there is a good chance you will get it next time around and I would love to be prepared. Easy recipes for diabetic desserts I have an appt with my Dr on Friday. No bake desserts for diabetics I will try to ask her about it.

Good luck to both of you girls! This board is a god send and has helped me through a lot so please do not hesitate to ask questions or vent about how unfair it seems to have GD. Simple dessert recipes for diabetics We are all very supportive. Easy thanksgiving desserts for diabetics And although I am sorry that you have been diagnosed, welcome to the group.

It is so scary to find out that you may have had high sugars and not known it or been able to control it in the first trimester. Easy low carb desserts for diabetics I’m in the same boat… Best store bought desserts for diabetics diagnosed at 27 weeks, but they suspect possible Type 2. Sugarless dessert recipes for diabetics From what I’ve read, the possible birth defects are still very, very rare, but include spinal and heart problems.

Since you’re still so early on, you could request an A1C test. Sugar free pudding desserts for diabetics This will tell you how your bG level has averaged over the last 2-3 months. Sugar free chocolate desserts for diabetics Anything under 7 you are considered to have no higher risk of birth defects than a non-diabetic. Best desserts for type 2 diabetes Anything over 8, and some further testing to rule out certain problems could be helpful… Safe desserts for gestational diabetes but even then the risks, as the PP (previous poster) has stated are small. Desserts for diabetics type 2 (All this info came to me from my diabetes educator/nutritionist).

Best wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy! Hang in there… Desserts for diabetics recipes I know the worry and stress all too well. Easy desserts for diabetics a™?

Thanks for that gem about the A1c, Jessica! Mine was 6.4 when they first teste after finding out I wa pregnant. Healthy desserts for diabetics Now that we are working to get my glucose under control, I can sleep well knowing that my A1c is okay enough to have no more risks than any other mommy!

EDM1984: Thank you for the kind words. Best desserts for diabetics That was what I needed to pull my spirits up . Sugarless desserts for diabetics You are right, at the end it is all for the little one. Desserts for diabetics type 1 I am trying to accept that I have to bear with GD for the 2 and a half months and it is a little difficult but I am getting used to it. Good desserts for diabetics I have also made some diet changes and hope that it will make a difference to my GD levels. Desserts suitable for diabetics I have an appointment with the sweet success people my doctor recommended me to tomorrow. Recipes for diabetics desserts I am not sure what they are going to teach me…I am a little worried though

For now, I feel It’s very tough monitoring what I eat and also maintain my weight as I tend to loose weight easily

All contents copyright © BabyCenter LLC. Easy sugar free desserts for diabetics 1997-2017 All rights reserved.

This internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. Desserts for type 1 diabetics If you have any concern

about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional.

before using this site. Sugar free desserts for diabetics recipes Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the

This site is published by BabyCenter LLC, which is responsible for its contents as further described and qualified in the

All contents copyright © BabyCenter LLC. Sugar free desserts for diabetics easy 1997-2017 all rights reserved.

before using this site. Desserts for diabetics without artificial sweetener Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Use.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *